It is still not renowned that Gravitis® has invented the bungees for boardsports, how could Banshee Bungee spread the word of bungees, if Gravitis® invented it and attended the ISPO BrandNew Awards in Munich before Banshee? Broox patent was registered in 2006 and passed in 2010, meanwhile the Canadian company sold in USA and worldwide, except in Italy.
Bungees patent path
- 2004 - Banshee Riverboards incorporates
- 2005 - Big River Innovations was issued a US patent (7,025,644) on a system made of a skimboard linked firmly on its nose to a bungee to use on river currents only.
- 2006 - Banshee Riverboards wins Summer ISPO BrandNew Award in Munich, with the skimboard+bungee+handle system, where even handle is bounded to the board's nose.
- 2006 - Broox issues the Italian patent of an independent bungee with handle not linked to the skimboard, but to freely use with any device as snowboards or skates. Broox submits ISPO BrandNew Award.
- 2007 - The Invention by Broox, called tow.:er, even if among finalists of the ISPO contest(1), does not match a win.
- 2008 - Banshee Riverboards is allowed to ISPO BrandNew Award under the new name Banshee Bungee, with a bungee system equivalent to those brought on the previous year edition by Broox: again a bungee+handle only, no more bounded to the board. Broox formally contests the unedited partecipation and Banshee Bungee does not enter finalists roster.
- 2010 - Italian Patent #0000265534 registered.
- 2010 - Broox opens a Patent infringement incident to the Italian former Banshee Bungee distributor which assures they have no stock of Banshee Bungees.
- 2012 - Banshee Bungee would be sued by a couple riders who got severely hurted by the metal anchor used(2) on seaside: some beaches ban the Banshee Bungee.
- 2013 - Big River Innovations, maker of Banshee Bungee has filed bankruptcy.